The much-anticipated Thor: Love and Thunder releases in the U.S. today. Several years in the making, Disney’s latest Marvel blockbuster experienced a few production delays due to COVID restrictions during filming in Australia.
But now that the day has finally arrived, we can have our curiosity satiated for what this fourth installment has in store for the god of thunder.
Things we know already, based on the trailer and other leaked details:
- Jane is back! And she’s not just a damsel in distress this time.
- Thor is back … in shape! (and loses all his clothing at one point)
- Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot and the Guardians gang get roped in somehow
- Christian Bale stars as Gorr the God Butcher, the film’s primary villain
- And most relevant to us: blue screen clothing was used extensively in production!
Glimpses of blue and green are like Easter eggs to us—little delightful surprises and bits of satisfaction, knowing our VFX clothes helped make a major production come to life.
There was actually a leak early on with Natalie Portman being hoisted by stunt performers wearing blue suits. So, we’ll be on the lookout for that scene in the movie, imaging the blue men lifting her up :)
Enjoy the show! It’s sure to be a wild ride.
In celebration of the release of Thor: Thunder and Love, we're pleased to offer 15% off all products July 8–15. Use code THOR15 at checkout.